.. But you will be safe

I look at that girl's smile, very relaxed, very secure .. just looking around at ease feeling no worries. she just needs to know she has her Mother there, "Mum will handle all" , "Mum will pay for all" without a single doubt her mother will do all and she just needs to be there. She eats and drinks ,, sips every little drop of that shake she ordered and ate every green leaf left over the plate while her mum laying back and check her facebook through her iphone. In a little bit The mother starts giggling hard at something her daughter said mistakenly wrong while eating and the girl still looks at her Mum with joy that she made her laugh , no longer a small a giggle , its a laughter that came from the heart and brought tears to both their eyes. 


That's a scene I have witnessed while having coffee in one of the cafes ,, and it reached deep to my heart. That serenity you find in that one moment when you are secure and with that one person you know will never harm you. 


I recalled the days my mum took me for walks around the park from behind everyone just to have some quality time and just talk. she told me a lot of things maybe back then I understood nothing more than half of it maybe, but I enjoyed those walks more than anything else. We went to resorts on our own and swim in the deep sea and just talk more and more ,, maybe about none sense,, maybe about the past,, and maybe about our old unhealed pains ,, hours would pass and we wouldn't notice til My sister screams her lungs out calling our names on the shore cos we went in too deep. 


I don't believe a lot of people are lucky as I am; being able to have such a relation with one of their parents. Unfortunately I was never lucky to enjoy the meaning of fatherhood nor being a friend with my father (loads of trials but always ended up with disappointment and regrets), But I was and still am blessed with a very special relation with a mother who did her best and made it all happen for me to turn out the best of what I can be. 


Maybe back then and even now some of her decision were/are annoying, and painfully provoking yet through it all I know she did and still is doing her best, she offered and still is offering me all what she can offer and even more. 


That does not mean at all that maybe after five minutes from now we would not fight and create a whole world war 3 in our apartment, neighbors would have their windows broken from the sound of our screams. but after all calms down I still know when I look at her I am still that little girl who looks at her mum and knows all is going to be fine She is going to make all OK in a little bit :) . 

No comments: